From The Secret History of the Cedar Valley
Joe Riehle was either the founder or one of the the founders of Ragman Records. A small Cedar Falls collective label of sorts. Joe was directly involved in a majority of ragman bands at least in the begining. Often the main songwriting force in the projects he was involved in. which often times led to the recycling of songs perhaps a song performed by a defunct band, was resurected and played by a new project. For example, "What The Question Is" was not only a Jump Up and Jam song, but also a Ben is a Monkey song and a No Consensus song.
- Angry Cops
- Ben is a Monkey
- Biscuit Dreamz
- Blüdy Noz
- Booker & Slappy's Skateboard Band
- Flags Above Paradise
- Football Without Love/Love Without Cheer
- Fudge Muffin
- Glorious Krueger
- Hard Boiled Hell
- Hat Trick
- Jump Up and Jam
- Minus 1,2,3
- My Mentor Al
- No Consensus
- Online Inventory
- Safety Pinz 77
- Shower Bath Shower
- Stephen Oulman's Tot Lot Band
- Wagner Quartet
Bands He Wished He Was In
Joe Riehle is a fucking genius kthxbai. --chuck
Despite the above allegation, he has not slept with very many women.
If you talk about Ragman, or about local music in the late 90s in Cedar Falls, you're not having much of a conversation if Joe doesn't come up.
He also walked beside many young children such as myself to and from Jane's Day Care on a semi-daily basis. --brad
This guy flipped my burger! Krueger 12:33, 16 February 2008 (EST)
- Joe Riehle was usually barefoot. This activity caused him to get a rock stuck in his foot and it had to be surgically removed by the Cedar Falls Underground's premier resident podiatrist, Steve Wilson.
- Joe Riehle allegedly shaved his head every spring and kept it that way all summer, then grew his hair and beard out all fall and winter.
- Joe Riehle was also one of the cable commissioners for Cedar Falls Utilities.
- Joe participated in the annual Mustache Month ritual and appeared in the unpublished 'Men of Mustache Month' calendar. He was the romantic Mr. February.
- Among his many guises as an Role Playing Gamer included a Singing/Dancing Donkey Man named Briam (sp?)
- Joe and Ryan recorded a song composed of laughing for a minute that then transitioned into crying for a minute. Totally mind-blowing.
- Joe looks very much like former CFWA Heavyweight Champion Yon Joseph, Smasher of Ice Cubes.
- Joe used to walk around with one of several tails attached to his shorts. One of these tails is now in the possession of Krueger the where abouts of others is unknown.